Mill House Circular Walk
- Leave Dynes Cottage and turn left.
- Take the first right on the private road signed to Robjohns Farm & Carp House.
- Continue along the road until the end, when it takes a 90 degree left turn. Instead of following the road, continue straight across the field to a style.
- Over the style. When you emerge from the trees turn left along the edge of the field.
- Walk along the edge of the field and then follow the footpath sign to the left, down between two fenced fields.
- At the bottom you will cross a private road leading to Champion’s farm. Go straight over the road and the footpath bends to the right behind the tree.
- Follow the footpath path past a large metal barn. The path can get quite overgrown in this section so watch out for nettles!
- Over the bridge.
- Follow the path.
- Over the second bridge.
- Go left along the edge of the field, then follow the path to the left and over a further bridge.
- Walk towards the 5 bar gate and let yourself through, closing it behind you.
- You’ll see an old water mill on your right and a lovely weeping willow growing next to the mill pond on your left.
- Immediately after the pond turn left though a wicker archway.
- Follow the footpath straight all the way back along the stream.
- After approximately 1 km you’ll go over a style and into the Hill Farm Meadow, where there is a bench for a picnic next to a stream where you can swim.
- Go over the style and follow the path to the left. You’ll eventually come to the lane. Go over the style and turn left.
- Walk up the lane past Daws Farm on your left. At the top turn left and the lane will bring you back to Dynes Cottage.
Leave a Reply