Finchingfield is one of the prettiest and most photographed villages in the country.
Just an hour’s drive from East London, it feels as though it is a world away from busy London life.
The village boasts:
- Three friendly pubs which all serve good food
- Three lovely tea rooms
- An Italian restaurant
- A number of antique shops
- A small art gallery
- A Grade 1 Listed, 15th-century Guildhall
- The 14th-century Church of St John
- A post office / small convenience store stocking local produce
- A children’s play park and tennis court
Most of these amenities are all arranged around the village’s picturesque green and duck pond.
The neighbouring village of Great Bardfield is just two miles away and has two further pubs, a tea room and a small, friendly bookshop which serves cake and tea.